The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, which is the business school at the University of Pennsylvania (America’s premier university), accepts crypto as payment for new course in blockchain technology and cryptoassets .
Wharton is the world’s premier college business school. Wharton alumni include Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla, Sundar Pichai, CEO of Alphabet, Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, and Alex Gorsky, CEO of Johnson & Johnson.
The six-week online course (titled “Economics of Blockchain and Digital Assets”) covers the following topics:
- Use case (“Identify relevant use cases for blockchain and digital assets, including cryptocurrencies, NFTs and CBDCs”)
- Costs and benefits (“Understanding the costs and benefits of blockchain compared to traditional alternative technologies”)
- Assessment and investment (“Analyze the fundamental value drivers of digital assets, including utility, governance and staking tokens”)
- Role of regulation (“Discuss the role of regulation in the digital asset economy and its application to blockchain-based services”)
- DAO and DeFi (“Evaluate the structures and processes of decentralized organizations and decentralized financial applications”)
- Assessment and launch (“Choosing the right blockchain network for different applications and launching a digital asset”)
The earliest start date is January 3, 2022.
Interestingly, one of the payment methods for the tuition, which amounts to $ 3,800, is crypto, which here means Bitcoin, Ethereum, or stablecoin USD Coin (USDC).
Wharton says this program is designed for “financial analysts and advisers, business and technology consultants, and growth-oriented professionals” who work “in banking and financial services, consulting, media and telecommunications, energy , automotive, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, and consumer goods industries ”.
The views and opinions expressed by the author, or anyone mentioned in this article, are for informational purposes only and do not constitute financial, investment or other advice. Investing in or trading cryptoassets carries the risk of financial loss.
Image presented by “vjkombajn” via Pixabay