Dublin, Aug. 18, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The “Eastern Europe Online Payment Methods 2022” report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
Among the Eastern European countries with a preference for card payments in B2C e-commerce purchases are Russia, Turkey, Czech Republic and others.
In Russia, card payments, such as card prepayments and card-on-receipt payments, made by online shoppers increased from 2020 to 2021, while cash-on-receipt payments decreased.
Online purchases made with cards were significant in Turkey, Hungary and the Czech Republic in 2021, and in Ukraine the number and value of card payments increased from January 2022 to April 2022.
Online businesses in Bulgaria have been positively impacted by the acceptance of credit and debit card payments as well as digital and mobile wallet payments.
The use of digital payment is increasing in Eastern European countries
Other Eastern European countries such as Poland have focused more on digital means of payment. In Poland, online shoppers prefer to pay for their online purchases by direct bank transfer.
Another survey also revealed that most online shoppers in Poland made payments by immediate transfer through payment services and mobile payments.
Although more than half of internet users in the Czech Republic have used card payments through a gateway to make their purchases online, more than a third also revealed that they made their payments by bank transfer online, as shown in the yStats.com report.
Furthermore, electronic payments were widely used for domestic and cross-border purchases in e-commerce, and most online shoppers in Croatia preferred to use digital wallets.
Questions covered in the report:
- What are the main payment methods used by online shoppers in Eastern Europe?
- How do online payment preferences differ from country to country in this region?
- What are the most popular online and mobile payment methods in Poland?
- Which payment methods had a positive effect on the share of online business sales in Bulgaria?
- How is the acceptance and use of mobile payment evolving in Eastern European countries?
Main topics covered:
1. Management Summary
2. Global developments
- Trends in online and mobile payments, May 2022
- Most used payment methods when shopping online during the pandemic, as % of online shoppers, by selected countries, April 2021
- Payment methods used more frequently compared to the pre-COVID-19 period when shopping online, in % of online shoppers, by selected countries, April 2021
- Reasons for changing payment method habits during the pandemic, in % of online shoppers, by selected countries, April 2021
- Value of payments, by e-commerce payments and POS payments, in USD trillion, 2021 and 2026f
- Share of cash payments, as % of total value of POS transactions, by region, 2021 and 2025f
- Mobile payment market size, in USD trillion, 2021 and 2028f
- Value of biometrically authenticated remote mobile payments, USD billion, 2022e & 2027f
- Number of biometrically authenticated remote mobile payments, in billions, 2022f & 2027f
- Number of local mobile payment transactions, in billions, 2021e & 2023f
- Number of B2C e-commerce transactions paid by OEM mobile payment apps, in billions, 2022f and 2026f
- Number of mobile wallet users, by region, in millions, 2020 and 2025f
- Mobile proximity payment users worldwide, in millions, and annual change, in %, 2020-2025f
- Penetration of mobile proximity payment users, as % of smartphone users, 2020-2025f
- Value of contactless card transactions, in USD trillion, 2020 and 2021e
- BNPL B2C e-commerce sales, in billion USD, 2021e & 2026p
- Value of cryptocurrency payments, USD billion, 2018-2023f
- Payment methods accepted by online merchants, by already accepted and planned, in % of online merchants, February 2022
- Share of purchases of physical goods at a distance, in % of losses due to fraud, 2021e
- Trends in online and mobile payments, June 2022
- Breakdown of preferred payment methods in B2C e-commerce, as % of online shoppers, by selected countries, November 2021
- Share of payment methods used in stores over the past 12 months, as a % of consumers, July 2021
- Distribution of preferred electronic payment methods for in-store purchases, in % of consumers, July 2021
- Distribution of preferred electronic payment methods for in-store purchases, in % of consumers, by generation, July 2021
- Share of consumers who would support mandatory acceptance of digital payments, in %, July 2021
- Share of merchants who prefer to accept electronic payments rather than cash, in %, July 2021
- Attitudes towards saving card details in online stores, % of internet users, by selected countries, 2021
- Breakdown of intentions of B2C and B2B marketplaces to launch in-vehicle payment services, in % of decision makers, July 2021
- Perceived benefits of in-vehicle payment services, by very attractive and attractive, in % of decision makers in B2C and B2B marketplaces, July 2021
3.2. Emerging Markets
3.2.4. Czech Republic
- Google Pay
- Pay Apple
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/dnharo