The summer transfer window is approaching and there is a lot of gossip floating around about who is going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: How USMNT’s McKennie could land with Atleti
United States midfielder Weston McKennie could join Atletico Madrid in a deal that would see Alvaro Morata stay at Juventus, as Mundo Deportivo report.
Morata has been on loan to the Serie A outfit from Atleti since the summer of 2020, with the option of making the deal permanent for €35m in June.
While Juventus want to keep the Spain international, they don’t want to pay that fee and are instead considering various option scenarios to drop him.
Their first option is to try and sign Morata for between €20m and €25m, but Atleti aren’t convinced as they reportedly feel they could get more elsewhere.
Massimiliano Allegri is keen to keep Morata but doesn’t fully trust McKennie, the story adds, so it’s believed the midfielder could be offloaded to help fund a deal or even transferred straight to Atleti.
The 23-year-old has made 20 Serie A appearances this season, which was cut short by injury in February, and has characteristics that could work in Diego Simeone’s squad – particularly with Hector Herrera join Major League Soccer’s Houston Dynamo this summer.
McKennie’s versatility is also said to be of interest to Atleti as they believe he could play as a defensive midfielder, central midfielder or even operate on the right.
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Barcelona hope to sign Lucas Hernández from Bayern Munich this summer, Diario Sport report, although history adds that the Blaugrana understand that this agreement would be potentially difficult from a financial point of view.
There could be plenty of talks between the two clubs by the end of the next transfer window, as Robert Lewandowski has been linked with Barca and rumors have suggested Frankie de Jong could join Bayern.
– Arsenal have been repeatedly linked with the Manchester City striker Gabriel Jesusbut they are not alone in their interests as Calciomercato report that Juventus are also watching the Brazil international.
They are long-time admirers of the 25-year-old, who scored four Premier League goals this weekend and netted again in City’s Champions League win over Real Madrid on Tuesday. While Juventus have not yet made any approach to City for Jesus, the Turin club are on standby in case the opportunity arises. Barcelona is also mentioned as a possible destination in the report.
– Liverpool could be ready to offer £30m for AS Monaco midfielder Aurelien Tchouameniaccording to Ekrem Konour.
The 22-year-old is currently considered one of the most exciting talents in world football and has also been linked with Real Madrid, Manchester United and Chelsea in other reports.
– L’Equipe report that RB Leipzig are the team in pole position to sign Bayern Munich defender Tanguy Kouassi for rent.
The deal could last two years, but won’t include the option to make it permanent. The 19-year-old left Paris Saint-Germain in the summer of 2020 to pursue more playing time but has only managed 489 Bundesliga minutes this season.
– After a stalemate between Barcelona and Ousmane DembeleMoussa Sissoko’s agent, Diario Sport, suggests that relations have improved after the last meeting between the two sides.
Although no deal has been agreed, there will be another meeting and Barcelona have promised to find a way to provide a better economic proposal for the France international, while Dembele has agreed to accept less from the Catalans than the other clubs don’t offer him.